Close

Hybrid View

Well, I finally solved the problem and it was a number of things. Cura 4.2 came bundled with the printer. I decided to try Cura 4.10, the latest version. For whatever reason, it was not working well. I installed 4.2 and it worked much better. I also used the .1 Z offset height that comes as the default setting with the printer. Both of those together seemed to solve most of my problems. I think I'm getting a bit too much squish with the .1 offset, so I'm going to try the next higher setting available, which is .15. If I use the .1 setting that is the default on the printer, and I set the Z offset in Cura to .2, am I going to get .3 Z offset or .2? Does the Z offset in Cura add to or replace the Z offset set by the machine?

Quote Originally Posted by JonW View Post
    Well, I finally solved the problem and it was a number of things. Cura 4.2 came bundled with the printer. I decided to try Cura 4.10, the latest version. For whatever reason, it was not working well. I installed 4.2 and it worked much better. I also used the .1 Z offset height that comes as the default setting with the printer. Both of those together seemed to solve most of my problems. I think I'm getting a bit too much squish with the .1 offset, so I'm going to try the next higher setting available, which is .15. If I use the .1 setting that is the default on the printer, and I set the Z offset in Cura to .2, am I going to get .3 Z offset or .2? Does the Z offset in Cura add to or replace the Z offset set by the machine?
    Hi there. I am a novice in 3D Printing. New beginner and I am almost frustrated with my first printer. I got the Vyper; after printing the Owl that came in the SD card, I have a real pain in the @#$%& trying to print one of my own models made it in Onshape, every time I sliced and send to print, it didn't do well, it begins to print out of the limits, I'm using CURA 5.0, at first I thought the problem was CURA so installed V. 4.21 that came with the printer, installed the Cura Profile from the SD Card also, downloaded a few profiles, and also configured a new one myself following recommendations and guidelines from various places over the internet, without any luck.No matter what, I can't get over this, I know that as a novice is normal to have certain problems, but this is getting me crazy. Oh boy!I will highly appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.