Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    so around £4000 for full colour printer.

If you're thinking about getting one - bear in mind that for some things they are brilliant, for others - not so useful.
    For artistic models, fivurines, extrdued photos etc - these are unbeatable for the money.
    For small or intricate models or things with interlocked or moving parts - not so good.

Over the last 2-3 years the odels they exhibit at shows have improed immesuarably. These days it's hard to tell the difference between a mcor full colour paper mache print and a full colour stratasys objet print - given that there is a 10x price difference between the two systems. The mcor setup is impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    so around £4000 for full colour printer.
    UK based?
    If you're thinking about getting one - bear in mind that for some things they are brilliant, for others - not so useful.
    For artistic models, fivurines, extrdued photos etc - these are unbeatable for the money.
    For small or intricate models or things with interlocked or moving parts - not so good.
    Agreed, I now have a regular filament depositing printer, I know the (many) differences.
    My usage would be the artistic aspect, especially the colour possibilities.
    Over the last 2-3 years the odels they exhibit at shows have improed immesuarably. These days it's hard to tell the difference between a mcor full colour paper mache print and a full colour stratasys objet print - given that there is a 10x price difference between the two systems. The mcor setup is impressive.
    That is also true. The MCOR selling price is still high, but possible. Stratasys would be out of my reach, although they produce fine results.
    And MCOR has a physical size advantage.

Mcor arke

I'm still unclear how the machine removes excess paper around the models. Can someone enlighten me?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamecockrock View Post
    I'm still unclear how the machine removes excess paper around the models. Can someone enlighten me?

Thanks.
    There is a whitepaper: http://mcortechnologies.com/resource...s-white-paper/

Scroll down to the fifth entry, download it and on page 4 you will see an example. The machine doesn't remove excess paper, you do it yourself. The machine (by means of the software) prints it (less glue, extra cuts, etc.) so it is easier for you to do so.

Regards,
    Wim.