Close

Thread: Nylon Filament

Hybrid View

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Yes, I did create a chamber and used a heated bed but I must still be getting a draft. I did read about using PVA glue on the glass so I tried that. It worked like a champ, only one problem, as the part dried, it cracked the expensive borosilicate glass. Really, here's a photo:

PVA.jpg

So what I tried next was wood. I used a piece that was 3/4 inch thick and nice and smooth. That worked well and since I have autoleveling set up it went smoothly. That actually worked the best. I'm have enough 618 for one more print so I'm trying to use it up. I've switched to Bridge Nylon and it's much more friendly.
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by RobH2 View Post
    Yes, I did create a chamber and used a heated bed but I must still be getting a draft. I did read about using PVA glue on the glass so I tried that. It worked like a champ, only one problem, as the part dried, it cracked the expensive borosilicate glass.
    Whoa :O

I've never printed things that large from Nylon, but I used to un-tension ABS parts mid-print. I used a hairdryer to rapidly raise the temperature of the whole model and chamber, to make it approach the lower glass transition temperature of nylon (did it by the thumb), then let it cool in normal ambient temperature of the print chamber. This may help.