Close

Hybrid View

Wow.. You are so great. I'm using projet 1200 with cast. I have some questions.
    1. Support is too large(despite i set this small size ) and I think that software fixed to largest size. you too?
    2. How many hours does it take to fully cure? (average time in bulit-in chamber)

I think that projet 1200's built-in curing chamber is crap. It works only 10min and it couldn't cure all side of printing. We need to use a more strong external chamber.

Add bford903 on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by locator View Post
    Wow.. You are so great. I'm using projet 1200 with cast. I have some questions.
    1. Support is too large(despite i set this small size ) and I think that software fixed to largest size. you too?
    2. How many hours does it take to fully cure? (average time in bulit-in chamber)

I think that projet 1200's built-in curing chamber is crap. It works only 10min and it couldn't cure all side of printing. We need to use a more strong external chamber.
    Oh thank you.
    1. I create my own supports in Rhino and attach manual supports to the bottom of each in Geomagic. You're absolutely right. Even the small supports in Geomagic are too big. When I tried to remove them, sometimes the piece would break. My supports range from 0.6mm to 1mm in diameter and are tapered at the tip for easier removal.

2. Smaller pieces seem to cure completely after 2-4 cycles in the curing chamber. Larger pieces take much longer (I have a ring in there right now, and at the time of writing this it's on its 6th cycle). Keep curing the piece until the green shade is completely gone and you'll minimize expansion during burnout. The color changes to white, then a light pink. I'm looking into building an external curing chamber as well. Something I can setup to cure overnight.

Good luck to you and if you ever need any help, please feel free to contact me.

Add bford903 on Facebook
    It was indeed a curing issue. I cured these until the green shade was completely gone, and used Plasticast (heavy mix) with an 8hr burnout and they came out very well. Little to no porosity.

With the FTX Green, the cured piece was strong enough where I could file all of the grow lines off before casting. The FTX Cast is much more brittle so I'm apprehensive to start filing on it. That's why the surface is a little rough on these.

IMAG0492.jpg

IMAG0494.jpg