Close

Hybrid View

OK... I understand your problem! You could try just heating up the one pin where you want the connection and inserting a wire like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/40pcs-20cm-M...item20ef967429

But... If you want, we can make a small change to the firmware to watch which ever limit switch you want to use. What would happen is the printer would get the M600 filament change command and do its thing. After you get the filament changed and the nozzle purged of the old filament, you would press and release the specified limit switch. And everything would continue on its way. Do you want to try that?

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    OK... I understand your problem! You could try just heating up the one pin where you want the connection and inserting a wire like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/40pcs-20cm-M...item20ef967429

But... If you want, we can make a small change to the firmware to watch which ever limit switch you want to use. What would happen is the printer would get the M600 filament change command and do its thing. After you get the filament changed and the nozzle purged of the old filament, you would press and release the specified limit switch. And everything would continue on its way. Do you want to try that?
    Sure. Eventually I will get those other pins wired up with the header pins as I had to do for ABL but frankly I had it all installed and did a Homer Simpson DOH! when I noticed I had forgotten those digital and analog pins. With those added adding another switch would be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    Sure. Eventually I will get those other pins wired up with the header pins as I had to do for ABL but frankly I had it all installed and did a Homer Simpson DOH! when I noticed I had forgotten those digital and analog pins. With those added adding another switch would be easy.
    Which limit switch is easy to get at when you are standing over your printer?