Can you explain how you have your glass setup? How do you have it fastened to the original build plate? I like the idea of just spraying the glass with hair spray and having the model pop off when the glass cools. Also you mention you paid for your machine 3 times over...... Did you design something yourself that you are selling or printing something already made and selling? I am new to 3D printing / Design but want to make a go at making money with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
WD40 is not a good lube for this application.

Get some 3-in-1 High-temp Silicone lube, sole at any place like Lowe's or Home Depot. It will last longer, is cheaper than WD40, and much more suited for this type of application.

@ svt04cobra:
Most are using removable buildplates of some type, not removing the stock plate.
MagHold is a removable and flexable plate that many say works very well, though yet to try it myself.
My prefered method is to print onto a glass plate (that sits on the stock aluminium plate). Glass is easy-peasy...little bit of hairspray and print sticks like superglue, soon as glass cools to about 40c prints pop right off...sometime without even touching them.

This is a great printer! Have had mine for about 2 months now, its paid for itself near 3 times over. Will pass 700 print hours by end of this week. And even though I'm new to 3d printing, and this is my first machine, have still had an 85%+ success rate on prints....pretty damn good considering I am just guessing what I'm doing at least half the time lol.