Close

Hybrid View

yeah, and im the kind of guy who when he runs into a mess up on a personal project may start it over so that its 100% otherwise OCD kicks in and even though I may be the only one to know of the mistake, it will drive me nuts till I do something about it.

After learning a bit more about Stepper motors and their drivers, im finding that voltage ratings may not be something i need to worry about so much since a good driver will only send whats needed. At least thats what im finding, casue, you know, the internet never lies.....

so far here is what im looking at for steppers.
    Z axis:
    http://www.mpja.com/Stepper-Motor-NE...info/33356+MS/
    X/Y axis:
    http://www.mpja.com/NEMA-17-102V-Ste...info/33358+MS/

Id have to remove that 14tooth pulley and put on a 16 unless its not going to be a big deal to configure, though a larger pulley would give a little better control.

I hope to make this thing as quiet as I can so I also have to shock absorber mounts on the way. Was going to use them on my Lulzbot mini but taking a closer look there isnt enough room for them to be used without redesigning the mounts and I dont really want to do that right now The frame I will most likely make from 1" birch ply with a few car audio tricks to reduce any vibrations. Ill be testing a few ideas and will share my findings with you all if any of you would like to try some of the tricks I test out. There is also a plastic CNC guy about 1/4 mile away from my apartment that Ive known for a long time that I may have cut some parts for me too. Time will tell.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by OutcastZeroOne View Post
    Id have to remove that 14tooth pulley and put on a 16 unless its not going to be a big deal to configure, though a larger pulley would give a little better control.
    You got that backwards. Think of the drive gear as your pinion. More teeth mean a larger drive diameter and ultimately more travel per step. A smaller drive gear/wheel is what you want to keep the amount of steps per mm at its maximum for the greatest resolution.
    Last edited by AutoWiz; 05-07-2017 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AutoWiz View Post
    You got that backwards. Think of the drive gear as your pinion. More teeth mean a larger drive diameter and ultimately more travel per step. A smaller drive gear/wheel is what you want to keep the amount of steps per mm at its maximum for the greatest resolution.
    right, yeah, i did get that backwards, my bad there. need more coffee i think. running off 4.5 - 5 hours of sleep right now XD
    Last edited by OutcastZeroOne; 05-07-2017 at 03:01 PM.