Lol, I always thought you were a guy.

Best lube I have found is Mystic Lubes Green No2 thinned with a little 3n1 oil. I agree on the Superlube, I think it is too thick. It might work if you can pack the bearings, but still I like the lighter grease, and it isn't as sticky.

Quote Originally Posted by cncartist View Post
I spent a good deal of time after work today to diagnose and finally correct the creaking myself. It's fully resolved in 45 minutes with no creaking/squeaking anymore and the instructions for the fix are as follows:

Items required:
1. 45 minutes of time
2. 1-2mm or smaller tipped syringe, I used a flat syringe tip as to not scratch the bearing (The only reason a small tipped syringe is needed is because we are not dropping/loosening the rear right carriage assembly and it is a very tight squeeze in that corner)
3. Sewing machine oil or similar thin machine bearing oil, I found that Super Lube was too thick to get into the bearing properly and that is why my squeaking persisted even after greasing
4. Some sort of rag, I used paper towels to catch the over-spill and clean after oiling
5. Possibly a flashlight if you are in a low light situation

Steps:
1. Fill syringe and get rags ready, sewing machine oil is thin/runny
2. Remove right acrylic window
3. Remove right sheet metal frame piece (piece that right window bolts onto)
4. Move the extruder to the center/center position to have good access to rear right and front right carriage assemblies
5. Position rag for catching over-spill
6. Put a drop or two of lubricating oil into the inner circle of the bearing - aim carefully, this will ensure when you move the Y-Axis again it will evenly distribute throughout the whole bearing
7. Repeat step 5 + 6 for each bearing as seen in the photos - there are 4 bearings total, two for the front right and two for the back right. With some assistance, I have taken photos and illustrated where to place the drops of oil.

I wrote this up since I was extremely perplexed as to why I couldn't find the proper steps to perform this fix and was loosening carriage assemblies and moving my extruder back and forth quickly which didn't produce any positive results. What I have described above is a repeatable maintenance procedure that I will perform if the creaking comes back and it can be done in 45 minutes or less. The major thing is to make sure not to get oil onto the belts/belt drives/electrical components. This can easily be accomplished by placing a rag under the work area and then bringing the rag up the wall to clean all the way to the bearing while not spreading the oil to belts or other components. I will still use Super Lube for the Axis rods, but Super Lube is way too thick to reach the proper areas of the bearings.

If this write-up should be its own thread, let me know and I'll post it separately. Otherwise, hopefully this helps the users who have been having the same issue I had and now I am printing in peace and quiet!

FYI, the photos were taken after the maintenance and the extruder was in the rear-center position at that time. Center-center is the position the extruder was in when the oiling was performed.