Close

Hybrid View

Peachy Printer Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by ijmok View Post
    jstrack2 thats awesome,

Presumably a tighter focus translates into finer detail prints, 65mm is taller than 80% of the parts i print with my current FFF Printer,

Does anyone have a firm theory on what's causing holes at the minute?....

Rob
    Nathan and I just filmed an update this morning about all the causes of holes we have found so far. Many were found using the print simulator, and others were found by people therorizing and testing, and watching the printer closely.

Big thanks to jstrack and to tookys both of whom are very activley using their printers right now, and spotting many things we didnt know about, such as the effect of the "Bottom/Top thickness (mm)" Cura setting.

Quote Originally Posted by rylangrayston View Post
    Nathan and I just filmed an update this morning
    Just so you know, I love these updates. it makes me feel like I'm involved with the project even though I'm a lurker. Also one of the things that was mentioned near the beginning of this saga was that you always try to make things so they want to be were you want them to be, and this is how you came up with the water leveling innovation. Ryan you're an inspiration!
    (gush gush).

Technician
    Here is a rook that I just printed.

20141017_234341.jpg 20141017_234251.jpg 20141017_230919.jpg

I programmed an Arduino Mega and used it instead of the sound card. I was having problems with my laser before so when I replaced it I really underestimated how bright the new laser was. Therefore this print is way way overcured. Also the beam isn't as focused as it should be. This cut down on the resolution some. Still it isn't too bad. The last picture includes the rook that I did a few weeks ago. The new rook is about 50 mm tall.

Technician
    Wait... this is a possibility? The peachy might be able to be run from an arduino? That would be very nice indeed, if I could use an arduino, a usb power supply, and a sd card shield to run a peachy without having it take up a smartphone or computer. I was planning on using a chromebook running crouton for my host, but if i could get it running on an arduino, that would be even better.

Technician
    Yeah I think that could be done. Also I think eventually using a cheaper microcontroller might be nice too. I should also point out that the double helix in this rook did print, but it somewhat blurred together from overexposure and the beam being not well focused.