Close

Hybrid View

Engineer-in-Training
    The inexpensive option is not a bad route to go when you are starting from scratch experince wise on not only printing but modeling as well.

Most printers do not have all metal hot ends. The have metal nozzles and a metal guide tubes but use a PTFE tube in them as a heat brake. That cant take the heat of nylon and PC. The upgrade is cheap though.

Slicing up a model for bonding back together is not hard. You use tounge and groove, rabbit joints and pins/holes. Think wood working. A quality superr glue combined with those methods is very strong.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd-67 View Post
    Most printers do not have all metal hot ends...
    I double checked and both Tevo's have clone E3Dv6 all metal hot ends. My impression was that a lot of the cheap kits had moved to this clone. I may be wrong though. I've seen multiple reviews now and the Tevo clone hotends do work

Thing is that the E3D genuine is rated to 300C, but the clones are only rated to 260C. I have no idea why that is. It could just be the thermistor, it could be... anything else...

Too many unanswered questions. Go cheap and learn really does seem like the best option.