Close

Hybrid View

Engineer
    Your attention to detail is incredible. Im about to start my build, and I hope I can get it atleast half as clean as your build is, well done

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by adamfilip View Post
    Your attention to detail is incredible. Im about to start my build, and I hope I can get it atleast half as clean as your build is, well done
    Thanks. Yeah, the detail in the build thread sort of got out of control. My original intent was just to provide some pay back to the 3D PrintBoard community for the few i3v build threads before mine that sold me on the i3v. I seriously believe I couldn't have made a better choice for getting a start in 3D printing. Of course, YMMV.

If you haven't read me harp about it before, I'm all about sharing. The more we all share, the easier it can be for people to pick up on ideas that fit their situation and the better the i3v community becomes. Here and elsewhere, my posts also tend to be verbose so that people have enough background information to make their own decisions.

A challenge in starting a build is in guessing where you want things nice and tidy vs. really want to keep things flexible. While my printer looks quite nice, I admit that can be a hindrance. For example, right now I've got new stepper motors that will require a major effort to install due to the neatly sleeved and tightly routed wire bundles...
    Last edited by printbus; 01-17-2015 at 07:16 AM.