Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Technician
    Am a right to assume you have some sort of wades extruder? Also I assume you have those parts in pla? Your motor may be getting hot enough to distort the plastic. You have a few options there. Convert it to a belt drive using a 16tooth alu pulley and a printed gear for the other end. Should give you a more durable piece that way.

Quote Originally Posted by jaguarking11 View Post
    Am a right to assume you have some sort of wades extruder? Also I assume you have those parts in pla? Your motor may be getting hot enough to distort the plastic. You have a few options there. Convert it to a belt drive using a 16tooth alu pulley and a printed gear for the other end. Should give you a more durable piece that way.
    I do have a Wades extruder and I'm pretty sure its printed with ABS (the original parts anyway), I am still using those original parts but I printed to gear in PLA. I don't think heat is an issue because I think the original ABS gear wouldn't of warped if that were.

Technician
    How about this one? Should be more durable as well. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:185269

How about this one? Should be more durable as well. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:185269
    Should be compatible with the Vslot extrusion yeah?

Technician
    Just like anything in this world. You may need to modify the design a bit. Should not be that difficult. Are you using a bowden setup?

Just like anything in this world. You may need to modify the design a bit. Should not be that difficult. Are you using a bowden setup?
    Nope

/10char

I don't have time to do this right now. But this makes a lot of sense for my printer.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    I don't have time to do this right now. But this makes a lot of sense for my printer.
    just out of curiosity, what printer do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by TehStranger View Post
    just out of curiosity, what printer do you have?
    A Prusa i3 kit....

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    A Prusa i3 kit....
    Yea but I mean from what vendor you get it from

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast