Close

Hybrid View

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by spegelius View Post
    You could try lowering layer height to 0.1 mm or even lower if possible. Also if you print with more than one perimeter, print outer perimeter last, it should produce better results.

If you use Simplify3D, here's some tips to get better supports: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piwKAOOaPKc. Personally I found that lowering the support resolution works better.
    Thanks for the reply. I tried lowering the resolution to .1 and used 3 layer shell, made everythign worse. Most of the filament just ended up a stringy mess.

I'm not using supports preferably, as I shouldnt have to, this print doesnt require supports, people use supports and infill like a crutch. I did however make sure infill was high enough to print the top of the head, definiitely needs a dense net for that.

When I printed the one with support, the supports werent even touching the model like the whole time, it was a complete waste of filament. got not time for supports.

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by VonKlutch View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I tried lowering the resolution to .1 and used 3 layer shell, made everythign worse. Most of the filament just ended up a stringy mess.

I'm not using supports preferably, as I shouldnt have to, this print doesnt require supports, people use supports and infill like a crutch. I did however make sure infill was high enough to print the top of the head, definiitely needs a dense net for that.

When I printed the one with support, the supports werent even touching the model like the whole time, it was a complete waste of filament. got not time for supports.
    Is the whole print a stringy mess? If so, sounds weird because lowering the layer height should improve quality. Then again not every printer and their settings behave similarly...

Stringy mess might be result of lower layer height throwing the feed rate off; half the material = less force needed to push filament and with extruders that normally slip, might cause too much material to be output. So lowering the extrusion multiplier could help.

I've bee meaning to print this model too, I'll see how Prusa MK2 handles that part.