Close

Hybrid View

what do you have your first layer height and extrusion set to?
    the only reason the knob would be too large at the base is extrusion is too much, or you are smushing your first layer to the point where it is enlarging the print.
    so i would try to do first layer height at 100% and extrusion at 90% for pla or 100% for ABS and see what happens.
    the layer issues you are seeing (the fact that they arent in line) could be a number of factors, but most likely slop somewhere in the system.
    I had those issues as well. now im getting prints that look like this. after only a few test prints.

First pic is before i had all my stuff slop free

this is after i tightened and tuned everything. stick with it.

picture doesnt do it justice.

Layer height was set to .2 and extrusion was set to .3 so i'll drop it down to .18 so hit that 90% of height mark you mentioned. Also the knob is too big due to design of the part, it's not made for the graphical LCD on my 12" i3v it seems.

I've tightened my belts and can't get them any tighter since I'm all the way over in the adjustment slots for the motor bolts. But the belts seem fine to me, I can pluck them like guitar strings. I leveled my X rails to the Y rails last night and leveled the bed nicely.

Outside of tightening belts what else can i adjust (tighten) to remove any slop?

Thanks for all the help, your prints look great!

Quote Originally Posted by dunginhawk View Post
    what do you have your first layer height and extrusion set to?
    the only reason the knob would be too large at the base is extrusion is too much, or you are smushing your first layer to the point where it is enlarging the print.
    so i would try to do first layer height at 100% and extrusion at 90% for pla or 100% for ABS and see what happens.
    the layer issues you are seeing (the fact that they arent in line) could be a number of factors, but most likely slop somewhere in the system.
    I had those issues as well. now im getting prints that look like this. after only a few test prints.

First pic is before i had all my stuff slop free

this is after i tightened and tuned everything. stick with it.

picture doesnt do it justice.