Close

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by gadget_greg View Post
    2) After a few calibration prints I would imagine it's a good idea to print backup parts, yes?
    People aren't going to agree on this one. But as you start modifying your printer, you are going to accumulate back up parts. And really... If a part breaks, you can probably super glue it together for long enough to print another part. Also, if you post an .STL file of the part you need (With a desperate, whiny plea for somebody to help you out) , even if your printer is totally shut down without it... You'll get a part.

Thank you both for the input! I may print the parts for my friend(s) instead!

KDog, I don't need to worry about the nozzle clogging or anything like that? And what do you mean by foam shelf liner, that rubbery, grippy stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    People aren't going to agree on this one. But as you start modifying your printer, you are going to accumulate back up parts. And really... If a part breaks, you can probably super glue it together for long enough to print another part. Also, if you post an .STL file of the part you need (With a desperate, whiny plea for somebody to help you out) , even if your printer is totally shut down without it... You'll get a part.
    Im with Roxy on this one. I've never printed backup parts because I'll just end up soldering the pieces together anyway lol. While I still think it is good practice to print replacement parts, I don't think it's a big deal to focus on it right away. Enjoy your printer first!

FYI, I've had my printer printing nonstop since last July and only the idler broke, soldered it