Close

Hybrid View

Anyone who bought the latest version of the Qidi printer have a working starting script for S3D? I'm talking about when the printer starts up it just prints a goop at the right corner of the bed, I understand there is a script that nicely prints a line along the bottom of the bed before starting. I saw there are some posted before but I don't want to risk the extruder head slamming to the left like some have reported.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by kaznad View Post
    Anyone who bought the latest version of the Qidi printer have a working starting script for S3D? I'm talking about when the printer starts up it just prints a goop at the right corner of the bed, I understand there is a script that nicely prints a line along the bottom of the bed before starting. I saw there are some posted before but I don't want to risk the extruder head slamming to the left like some have reported.

Thank you.
    i got my printer on Friday and using s3d and it does the same thing so i would be interested in this also. i have copied the G code mentioned in the earlier post but i am the same don't want to risk it

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren O'neill View Post
    i got my printer on Friday and using s3d and it does the same thing so i would be interested in this also. i have copied the G code mentioned in the earlier post but i am the same don't want to risk it
    I find that if you catch it within 10-15 seconds after the wipe you can easily take the whole string + wipe portion off with a slight tug. Now it may be different for materials other than ABS and I can do that since I'm usually around at the starting stage of the print.

Sometimes when I left it on there until cooled, the string would bond to the printer wall or acrylic and it wasn't always the easiest to remove.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    That is working properly. It purges then wipes the nozzle on the front right corner. Run a skirt around the object after that.

Thank you.

Technologist
    Add KludgeGuru on Thingiverse
    I created a new thread with the most recent script so it is easier to find.
    http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...6116#post86116