Close

Hybrid View

Thanks for the info Geoff. What machine are you using, or did you make your own?

I understand PC maybe only for show but in the car industry an air cooled motor hasnt been made in a production vehicle in years. So being said water cooling should be better heat transferring then a typical heat sink. But I would like to know more about cooling and having a safe machine to print for a 30hr period without worry.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshDA9 View Post
    Thanks for the info Geoff. What machine are you using, or did you make your own?

I understand PC maybe only for show but in the car industry an air cooled motor hasnt been made in a production vehicle in years. So being said water cooling should be better heat transferring then a typical heat sink. But I would like to know more about cooling and having a safe machine to print for a 30hr period without worry.
    I think the tough part will simply be mounting it all, I haven't seen a CPU liquid cooler with a small enough head for the CPU that I could see fitting, but hey there is probably one out there. ideally one that is not much wider than a CPU itself.

I think it would work ok, but the only thing I would be re-inforcing is all the flexing, as your head is going to move alot along with the cooling tubes and headstock, whereas in a PC they are fairly tame and never move around.