Close

Hybrid View

Speaking on my issue with OctoPrint this is what is going on.
    Once I save a file I normally send the gcode file to OctoPi and print. For some reason after what I think was an updated it will just pause and never finish during prints. I have taken the same file and gcode does not fully print but the s3g file on being copied to the SD will.
    I have rebuilt OctoPrint from scratch and it fixed nothing. First with no updates then with updates.
    Here is my print of the same design saved at the same time. No changes. The x3g file printed the fan covers great the cgode I normally send to OctpoPi pauses part way through the raft and just stops. Will not unpause with the lcd menu or on OctoPrint.
    Just to make sure nothing was messed up I did another two color frog and it would not even start with the gcode yet the x3g file printed fine.
    I did not change any S3D settings either. I am at a loss.
    As you can see the failed one with the blob at the corner.

[IMG] [/IMG]
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon 3D View Post
    Speaking on my issue with OctoPrint this is what is going on.
    Once I save a file I normally send the gcode file to OctoPi and print. For some reason after what I think was an updated it will just pause and never finish during prints. I have taken the same file and gcode does not fully print but the s3g file on being copied to the SD will.
    I have rebuilt OctoPrint from scratch and it fixed nothing. First with no updates then with updates.
    Here is my print of the same design saved at the same time. No changes. The x3g file printed the fan covers great the cgode I normally send to OctpoPi pauses part way through the raft and just stops. Will not unpause with the lcd menu or on OctoPrint.
    Just to make sure nothing was messed up I did another two color frog and it would not even start with the gcode yet the x3g file printed fine.
    I did not change any S3D settings either. I am at a loss.
    As you can see the failed one with the blob at the corner.
    I've not a clue about octoprint. Does octo convert the Gcode into X3G? Can you print correctly when going directly through the USB port from S3G rather than thru the SD card? By the way, that's a good looking frog print. I like the color combo.

S3D saves a copy of the x3g and gcode at the same time. Up until a week or so ago now I was able to send the gcode to OctoPrint and launch from there. If I wanted to do the SD card I would copy the x3g file to it. There is no extra settings or messing around.
    Now the the gcode fails on OctoPrint. Works fine on SD. I think there was an OctoPi update that preceded the issue. I don't remember changing any S3D settings. Everything looks the same. I will keep digging.

Thanks on the frog. i had torn apart the extruders and cleaning everything and releveled the bed. I like the frog for a calibration test for dual extruding. The color combo just seemed like it would fit. That is only with medium quality setting as well. I think on high with a temp of 200 instead of 195 it will get even better looking.
    The ironic thing is that nothing changed with that file. I had it on the OctoPi which used to print fine from there. Now fails. So I put the x3g on the SD card and it printed perfectly.

Good news is the PrintBite is here. i will install it later tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    I've not a clue about octoprint. Does octo convert the Gcode into X3G? Can you print correctly when going directly through the USB port from S3G rather than thru the SD card? By the way, that's a good looking frog print. I like the color combo.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq