I do agree with OME. I am so glad that I "built" my first printer because now I feel I know "everything" about it. If you buy your first one, then the machine seems sort of magical. You turn it on, send an .stl to it and it begins to make the part. You might just stare and say "wow, that's so cool, I wonder how it does that." Well, if you build it, you'll still say "wow" but you won't wonder how. You'll know, and if something breaks, you'll know exactly how to fix it. OME is waiting for new motors and he'll throw those in so quickly that you will still be eating your sandwich. If you buy a built machine and something breaks, then you might be dumbfounded for a bit trying figure out what it was, how to get it out and how to find a new one.

A guy suggested that I "not" buy a kit for my first 3d printer and I'm sooo glad I did not listen to him. It really is the journey and if you get into 3d printing like I did, you'll know this is not a temporary infatuation. You'll really enjoy the build and the knowledge you gain from it. Heck, I've only built one and now I was actually thinking of designing my own from the ground up. That's how much I learned from building my Makerfarm.

So get out your simple tools (because that's all it takes), order a kit and get prepared for a great ride...