Close

Page 182 of 411 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192232282 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 4110
    Engineer
    I've got Autocad Inventor which claims to be able to read various IGES formats and export .obj format. Downside is I haven't a clue and am totally winging it. If you still need a conversion let me know and I will take a shot.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    Thanks for letting people know because the script from here, for those lines, is much better and wiser. 127 is full blown current to your motors which is absolutely horrible to do, and use.
    I've been wondering if a stepper driver vref config value of 127 is a tradeoff for increased stress on the stepper motor in favor of reduced power dissipation across the stepper driver output amp? (Note that's a total guess on how the driver amp circuit works.)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    I've been wondering if a stepper driver vref config value of 127 is a tradeoff for increased stress on the stepper motor in favor of reduced power dissipation across the stepper driver output amp? (Note that's a total guess on how the driver amp circuit works.)
    That I do not know but I will tell you that max amps to motors is unwise and the stepper drivers should be getting way too hot as well (even with that annoying fan on all the time). I can say my Ramps based stepsticks would blow at max amps and when I had them over driving they got hot enough to blister you.

I never felt the drivers during a print on the Qidi but logic says they should be getting way hot and this is possibly why there is even a fan. Lower Vref to 50-60 and I lay odds a fan wouldn't even be needed for the Mightyboard.

Just isn't right to "more powah" everything.

Engineer-in-Training
    If you have a laser thermometer you could test this without to much trouble. Use stock vref and run it couple hours and measure heat at steppers and drivers. Then do it all again with the lower vref. If the drivers get hotter with the lower vref then your onto something.
    Also may mean that turning down the vref to much may be as bad as leaving it to high.

Used to have a laser thermometer...haven't seen it in about 2 years though lol.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    If you have a laser thermometer you could test this without to much trouble.
    Excellent practical suggestion. I will give it a try. Just had my first glance at the underside of the QIDI. Looks like removing the half dozen screws through the bottom plate will allow me to remove it and gain access to all of the gory details. Not too excessive a degree of cable dressing down there. Is there anything that falls out once the bottom plate is removed?

Engineer-in-Training
    Excellent practical suggestion. I will give it a try. Just had my first glance at the underside of the QIDI. Looks like removing the half dozen screws through the bottom plate will allow me to remove it and gain access to all of the gory details. Not too excessive a degree of cable dressing down there. Is there anything that falls out once the bottom plate is removed?
    Nothing should fall out....just be ready for what looks like Medusa's head =P

Nothing should fall out....just be ready for what looks like Medusa's head =P
    Hahahaha. Very true on all counts.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Turns out Fusion 360 wont export into format I can use =(
    Blender can read STL files and you can export STL from F360. Also can look into Meshmixer, it is free...

My QIDI TECH logo was peeling off the front of my machine and so I decided to rebrand this sucker.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by okjimmied View Post
    My QIDI TECH logo was peeling off the front of my machine and so I decided to rebrand this sucker.
    Holy Understatements!!!

Page 182 of 411 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192232282 ... LastLast