Quote Originally Posted by wermy View Post
Good lord that sucks. Did it improve your print quality? I just got an email back from them and they said they'd go ahead and ship out a new rod. So my choices are go through all that, or return it (bought straight from Amazon so I should be able to). :\ I know they say the bent rod shouldn't affect anything but I can't imagine that actually being the case.
Return it. For all that is holy return it.

Trust me that rod noise will get worse and if/when you take it apart you will find the bearings are scratched all around the outside (one of mine was) and the plastic is all over them/it which means it was eating into the plastic. As Qidi said to me that is alright we will send you new pieces if necessary. Really? For the rest of my life?

Once I asked them the above that is when they sent me the rod as they refused to replace or refund so after two weeks of back and forth, and after finally replacing the rod, the machine darn near caught fire and if I hadn't been here watching it it probably would have (in Marlin there are safety measures but apparently in Grbl/Sailfin there are none or very little) I called eBay and they started the process. After about 6 hours I had my refund.