Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
Same rod I had an issue with that was eating the plastic and the bearings (mine was just as bent and as you can see the manufacturer put in that bowed rod it was not bent during transit since nothing around it is harmed) AND the same BS.

Mine made horrible clicks, and pops, as it was eating into the bearings and the plastic bearing holders and "Our Engineer says that will not cause any issues". They are so ignorant but at least they sent a spare rod for me to tear down the entire machine to replace and after I replaced it that issue was gone (had way more issues from the printer to come I soon found out though)

I wanted to tell you to NOT believe anything they say and use your common sense. A bent rod is like trying to drive on a bent axle. They couldn't understand that analogy either (either on purpose or just ignorance).

As others have said for ABS ditch that part cooling fan (turn it off in the slicer and make sure it stays off).
Oy.

I have noticed some clicking/grinding sounds but nothing major. I just don't see HOW that rod could NOT cause issues. It is directly moving the print head assembly (or whatever you would call it -- I'm new to this). If the tension isn't even on that of course it is going to be inconsistent.

Their support is telling me to try with different print settings. I've printed so many test cubes at this point though. I'm pretty sure that's not the issue. I can get it to come out perfectly except for that back-right corner.

Just sent them another email just asking to please send a new rod. How easy was it for you to change?

Edit: Also when are we going to get a QIDI section so we don't have to have a 170 page thread?