Let me clarify before putting this to bed...

Power supply was wired correctly and plugged into the wall correctly. Sleepyhead then proceeded to plug into the controller board with polarity flipped. Amazing things you can do with idiot proof connectors when you are dog tired. It's not like I fully jambed the connector down on the board terminals but I got it together far enough that the pins made contact and POP! Not even a loud pop but enough for me to utter a few obscenities as I realized I had done something wrong. The power indicator on the PS went out and has stayed out since. No voltage across the outputs at all, anymore. It's dead.

I found a slightly better PS on Amazon, equal output voltage, slightly better power and an integrated fan. A few extra holes later in the printer frame and I am up and running just fine.

The walkaway here is don't work on stuff just to get it done. Go to sleep, come back clearheaded and do it right. I cost myself $25 bucks and an extra week of build time to get going.

PS... yes I know that plugging a hot power supply into the controller was stupid as well. Again... fatigue and a desire to just finish a project lead me into a bad decision making loop. When I did what I did, something was going to pay the price.