Close

Page 141 of 411 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 4110
    Quote Originally Posted by JimHs1 View Post
    Ok, its newbie time. I was putting mine together and note the PTFE tubes in the tool kit. From previous posts, I recall that they are to be inserted into the extruders. However, they don't readily slip into the extruder filament holes on top. What am I not realizing/seeing?
    Those black hoses I do not think are PTFE as they do not feel like it (not as slippery) if those are the ones you mean then those black hoses slip into the top black plastic piece that is on top of the motors. It just goes in a little bit and they do not go in the extruder at all. The black plastic piece with the two long 3mm screws in the top and the filament hobbed section is below that clunky black piece and it is that piece those hoses go into. Your motors had the black plastic piece on top of them both (it is one piece) right?

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    Those are extra PTFE tubes in the tool kit.
    To access the PTFE tube you remove the nozzle then pull the tube from the bottom.
    Heat the nozzle up before removing it.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by rcleav View Post
    Those are extra PTFE tubes in the tool kit.
    To access the PTFE tube you remove the nozzle then pull the tube from the bottom.
    Heat the nozzle up before removing it.
    Thanks. As I couldn't see any, I didn't know if there was some already installed...

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    Those black hoses I do not think are PTFE as they do not feel like it (not as slippery) if those are the ones you mean then those black hoses slip into the top black plastic piece that is on top of the motors. It just goes in a little bit and they do not go in the extruder at all. The black plastic piece with the two long 3mm screws in the top and the filament hobbed section is below that clunky black piece and it is that piece those hoses go into. Your motors had the black plastic piece on top of them both (it is one piece) right?
    Should have been more precise. I meant the white tubes that came in the "toolbox". They are about an inch and a half long. I do see where the long black tubes (filament guides) go. Yes, there is a single black plastic piece on top of both extruder motors. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JimHs1 View Post
    Should have been more precise. I meant the white tubes that came in the "toolbox". They are about an inch and a half long. I do see where the long black tubes (filament guides) go. Yes, there is a single black plastic piece on top of both extruder motors. Thanks.
    Ahhh, well I didn't get any extras of those (like my glue stick I didn't get because China considers it contraband according to Emily so maybe they thought I was going to use them to declare spit ball war with and took them too as my box was opened and retaped) but I already have a few meters of PTFE hose 4mm O.D. 2mm I.D. from my old Bowden setup I tried so it didn't matter.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    Ahhh, well I didn't get any extras of those (like my glue stick I didn't get because China considers it contraband according to Emily so maybe they thought I was going to use them to declare spit ball war with and took them too as my box was opened and retaped) but I already have a few meters of PTFE hose 4mm O.D. 2mm I.D. from my old Bowden setup I tried so it didn't matter.
    I didn't get the glue stick either, oh well. I was wondering about having extra PTFE tubes available, so thanks on the size info. Also, could you explain a Bowden extruder versus what we have? Just a simply explanation of basics and why a Bowden would be used.

Bowden has drawbacks and I haven't heard of anyone who has managed flexible filament using a Bowden setup yet (someone may have and I missed it). Real simple explanation is a Bowden setup takes the heavy motors off site so the extruder can move faster. I personally saw better prints with it (way less ringing) but I had a lot of issues as well and finally went back to the classic setup.

Engineer-in-Training
    SOOOOOO happy that's done!! Been printing flowers for past 72 hrs or so lol.....

Anyway, I have been experimenting with embedding things mid-print. Have had some success but would be alot better if I had certain control and/or info.

Is there a way to have the machine pause a print at a certain layer?
    OR
    Is there a way to have the machine display what layer it is currently on in a print?

If either of these things are possible it would greatly improve not only the success rate of inlayed prints but also the range of items that can be embedded mid-print.

@ JimHs1:
    Welcome to the Qidi club bud =)

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    SOOOOOO happy that's done!! Been printing flowers for past 72 hrs or so lol.....

Anyway, I have been experimenting with embedding things mid-print. Have had some success but would be alot better if I had certain control and/or info.

Is there a way to have the machine pause a print at a certain layer?
    OR
    Is there a way to have the machine display what layer it is currently on in a print?

If either of these things are possible it would greatly improve not only the success rate of inlayed prints but also the range of items that can be embedded mid-print.

@ JimHs1:
    Welcome to the Qidi club bud =)
    That's really funny as I was printing the same thing! I built some filament dry boxes in order to have enough colors ready.

You can have the machine pause at a certain Z-Position using the menu on the machine. I haven't utilized this but it's definitely an interesting thought.

I remember seeing the layer height in the print statistics after "Auto Level Inactive" goes away. It takes a couple seconds to disappear and show the height but it will update as the print keeps going.
    Last edited by cncartist; 05-12-2016 at 07:35 PM.

Student
    QUOTE=cncartist;87943]That's really funny as I was printing the same thing! I built some filament dry boxes in order to have enough colors ready.

<JimHs1 - Pics deleted>

You can have the machine pause at a certain Z-Position using the menu on the machine. I haven't utilized this but it's definitely an interesting thought.

I remember seeing the layer height in the print statistics after "Auto Level Inactive" goes away. It takes a couple seconds to disappear and show the height but it will update as the print keeps going.[/QUOTE]

Where did you get the dry box filament feed through files?

Page 141 of 411 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast