Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
At the moment you can't use a microswiss MK10 conversion. The thermal tubes on the Qidi are bigger around.

I do make a nice extruder mount upgrade that many have, and this is compatible with the Microswiss Conversions. I also have some custom hot blocks that I modify to work on the QIDI. The Qidi uses 5mm threads on the thermocouples. I have to drill and retap bigger threads in my hot blocks. store.wmdproducts.com if you are interested. I am adding some more Qidi parts sometime. I have some build plate plastic like comes with it and some spare thermocouple also.
I use the Microswiss conversion on my Qidi and it works fine. I have made a couple deviations from Microswiss instructions.
1. I used a small amount of teflon tape on the threads of the tube that screws into the hotblock to prevent the leakage I was initially getting.
2. Microswiss instructions suggest a small amount of filing of the cool block hole that the extruder tube goes through. You don't want to do that.
3. I do use the heat sink compound on the extruder tube going through the cool block.

Your extruder mount conversions have been intriguing me for awhile now.
How would a downward cooling fan preferably a cage style fan attach to it?