Quote Originally Posted by bluemeane View Post
'Pull off' as in remove I rarely have to touch anything as I said the cooling and the plate quickly (shrinkage) and then flexing and the parts fall off. And I print about half and half ABS and PLA. Must just be lucky, or by the time I touch them they have cooled off enough to be firm. I also have the bed slowly drop down in 5 degree increments to 80 after the layer 100 on most prints
Ahhhh, see when I print ABS I stick it to 110c and leave it at 110c else it comes off. I wish I had a way to lower the temp gradually but not even S3D does that easily (you would think I wouldn't have to have a lot of profiles for such an easy task in S3D) as I always wanted a way to tell these slicers to lower the temp from layer 1 to say layer 5 or 7 gradually not all of a sudden at Z layer. I only lower the temp on PLA as I start at 60c and lower to 50c.

On the bed is that Kapton I see on it? I will McMaster a 6x9 glass (or 8x10 using the mod though if I did that I would attach a thin layer of Aluminum as a heat spreader so edge to edge gets warm).

While I am thinking about all of this I sure wish these slicers allowed us to get the bed to X temp and wait X amount of time before continuing that way the temps are more uniform when the print actually starts.