Quote Originally Posted by Vansmak View Post
Ok, so I've been following this group for a few weeks and pulled the trigger on a Qidi. I've been playing with it for about a week and decided to order a couple .25 glass plates for the top of the bed. I printed out these corner clips: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:613685 but can't figure out exactly how to attach them to the bed and glass?! Do I need to remove the blue pad and back out one of the screws in the OEM plate or do I need to purchase some additional hardware? I'm sure I'm overlooking something obvious, but I'm trying not to create more work for myself. Appreciate any help!!
Remove the aluminum bed completely from the machine by unscrewing the leveling screws and springs.
Then remove the blue pad. It will take a little effort but make sure it's perfectly clean and smooth.
You can now put the aluminum build plate back on using the same leveling screws and springs.
On the corners of the build plate that your glass mounts attach to find/buy longer M3 screws to replace the originals.
Put the new screws in both corners and tighten the original nuts up under the aluminum plate.
Then slip your corner brackets on.
I use an M3 washer and wingnut under the corner brackets to make the brackets adjustable.