Close

Threaded View

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Ok, well I would normally say bombing his thread with advertisements of your campaign is not cool, but you both have interesting machines.

I will say this however. It would be nice if for once, when you are selling a machine and are using prints that you got from thingiverse or similar to advertise your machine - maybe just give the author a little credit?

Gizmo3D, you are using my Terminator Head in yours, looks great, great print (you're welcome) but I see no mention of the model origin or author, and you did have the chance with your images and text added.
    (p.s I seem to have the only hi-poly version available, so if I am incorrect on that one I apologize, but after 70+ hours on a mesh you sort of know it pretty well..)

LeapFrog also did this with my Robocop head - (scroll to the bottom of their front page). . and so have a tonne of other companies, mainly chinese clones, but it would be nice if they just said "hey this model came from here:" etc... After all, we supply them for free for the printing community it would be nice to have that respect paid back at least with a credit.

Right now, both of your machines are lacking alot of things as a consumer I would go for.

Gizmo3D -
    So far these look pretty good as far as the test prints go. Insane build volume and if you compare the Gizmax to something like an Autodesk Amber, which is the same price roughly, then wow.. you can't even compare the volume.
    But - the quality of the Amber is still in my humble opinion the best I've seen for a desktop DLP. BUT you do supply 27 litres of resin, which is pretty dam good I have to say. No ones beating that right now.

Nice information, good quality prints - I do really wish you all the best as an Aussie, but yeah the prices are just way too steep - Perhaps drop the 5 litres of resin to 1 or 2 and it might at least help somewhat. But Looking at the aluminium extrusions, the overall design - I really don't feel like I'm getting my moneys worth, but the proof is in the pudding as they say - but a little aesthetics goes a long way in this industry (take the Cube and other "pretty" printers for example)
    But, at $4000 for your base model, I will have to give backing it a pass - you really should have gone the $2.5k bracket, then the $5k then the big $8k - Like seriously, why would anyone buy a Gizmate when the Gizpro is only $500 more?? and comes with 2 litres more of resin and double the build volume practically? it really doesn't compute guys - I'd even drop the amount of resin in the Max kit and sell it for less, I would seriously back you if your Gizmax was more around the $6k mark.

Rocko3D
    Well, not alot I can say. It's hard to be constructive.

*3D rendered images of your printer - no real ones. You have test prints, so why no images of the actual physical machine?
    * No real information
    * Test prints are very poor quality with alot of bubbles and bad layering (alot of it looks like a result of dirty optics to be honest, but that's the Xerox technician in me talking ,sorry)
    * Wix free website looks cheap. If you can afford to produce DLP printers, you can afford a website host, or at the least a cheap kickstart or indiegogo page.

Last edited by Geoff; 03-11-2016 at 04:32 PM.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com