Quote Originally Posted by Alibert View Post
For PLA bed=60, nozzle=200 for first try, for ABS bed=95, nozzle=230.
Layer height 0.2 mm for starters, don't make it too difficult.

Also, not every hairspray is OK. If you can't get the right one, then buy a can of 3DLac. This is guaranteed to work well on glass.

Check that the filament diameter setting in your slicer is the right one., that is don't state 3mm if you are using 1.75mm diameter filament.

If the problem persists, then it might be the extruder steps/mm setting in the firmware. That is how many steps the stepper motor must make to push exactly 1mm of your filament through the nozzle. There are guides on the net on how to do this. A (cheap) digital caliper is a handy tool you should use.
Thank you for your response, I have set the bed up perfect now and have had a quick play with settings. I was using Pronterface at first to print a 20mm x 20mm cube and this was what the problem. Just before I went out earlier I had a quick play with Cura and started making the "robot". This started laying down the base nicely but had a very poor quality once going further up. I will have a play with some new settings tomorrow and see what the outcome is. What sort of flowrate am I best using? Is there any guide you can recommend for me to use rather that bothering all of you? Many thanks

Adam