Close

Page 24 of 411 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast
    Engineer-in-Training
    rcleav, was wondering if you wouldn't mind going into a bit more detail on the hairspray+glass method.
    Like, when do you spray the glass? Do you let it dry on the glass before use? How much do you spray?

This is gonna be my only method for a bit. Gonna have to hold of on the MagHold plate for a week....need a new spray gun.

The PETG looks like good stuff. And have a couple projects where a clean transparent material is gonna be needed. Just wanted to make sure this machine could do it stock.

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    PETG takes a little dial in time I will give you those settings when your ready. I use Esun filaments from Amazon.
    I use AquaNet Purple can and spay a coating on the glass outside of the machine just before printing. It's thick enough to kinda look like the glass is frosted.
    By the time the heated bed is hot it's dry. You know if you need another coat if you suddenly have trouble getting the print to stick. Usually can get a few prints per coating. After printing just let the glass cool off and the print will fall off. Don't forget you will need a z-axis shim to compensate for the glass thickness.
    Available on thingiverse most flashforge z-axis shims will work on the Qidi Tech.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by rcleav View Post
    PETG takes a little dial in time I will give you those settings when your ready. I use Esun filaments from Amazon.
    I use AquaNet Purple can and spay a coating on the glass outside of the machine just before printing. It's thick enough to kinda look like the glass is frosted.
    By the time the heated bed is hot it's dry. You know if you need another coat if you suddenly have trouble getting the print to stick. Usually can get a few prints per coating. After printing just let the glass cool off and the print will fall off. Don't forget you will need a z-axis shim to compensate for the glass thickness.
    Available on thingiverse most flashforge z-axis shims will work on the Qidi Tech.
    Can PET tape be used on the stock buildplate?
    That way I can print the hold-downs for the glass, and this shim thingy. I'm def gonna have to look up where that goes.

You mean the blue sheet that comes with the Qidi?
    If you do yes.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by rcleav View Post
    You mean the blue sheet that comes with the Qidi?
    If you do yes.
    Not sure what comes with the machine...mine still couple days away. I feel kinda like a child waiting to open xmas presents!

I was talking about this stuff:
    http://gizmodorks.com/3d-printing-pe...FY-DaQodJlANAw
    Was gonna get some for use on the glass, but I need to print before I can use the glass.

You won't need it. The Qidi comes with a couple buildtec type surfaces for the build plate.

Engineer-in-Training
    Is it random what type/color filament material that comes with this machine?
    What type and color spools did everyone get?
    About to order some filament, not sure what colors to get =)

Black PLA and Red ABS

White ABS blue PLA

White ABS and Blue PLA

Page 24 of 411 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast