So what does the rubbing alcohol do? And actually I have been using the glue stick, which I scrape off the bed after a print and relevel. Though I was suspicious of my leveling procedure and I am going to be getting a feeler gauge today to better level the bed with (making sure there is a .15mm gap) This will surely tell me if I have a low high spot in the bed. Never thought about glass was just using what came with. I thought that was way to hot for PLA I should post the smaller version of what im trying to print and how it came out. It came out really well minus a few layers on the side in spots that was bumpy. How do you control the bed temp after the first layers? Makerbot desktop doesn't give you that option and I was afraid to get it i had to flash the rom on my 3dprinter (Which I read was not trivial and could resulted in a bricked unit)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyV View Post
This is some pretty extreme curling for PLA.

I would suggest upping your print temperature a little bit. I print PLA at 215.

I use 65C for layer 1 bed temp.
30C after layer one.

Are you wiping your blue tape with rubbing alcohol before you print? That makes a huge difference to me.

As always, make sure your bed is very level or you will have issues.

If none of the above help, you might have a low/high spot in you bed - I do. Try moving your print to a different area of the bed and the issue may go away. Impact from a high or low spot can be reduced if you upgrade to a glass bed.