Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
So from what I can figure. you wanted to install 7.6. You did install 7.6. and then you tried to install just about every other firmware you could get your hands on.
I was trying to first install 7.6 from the makerbot firmware link (As it says in the video I linked). I wanted to END the installation with Sailfish 7.1 (As it says in Adam's post in that forum I linked).
The Qidi Tech doesn't support Sailfish beyond 7.1, but for some reason when I tried (by mistake) uploading Sailfish 7.6 via ReplicatorG 0040 (which is NOT meant to be used for uploading Sailfish), my computer said the upload succeeded.
Then I tried the Sailfish 7.1 that I wanted and it refused to work. over, and over, and over.
I took a shot at Sailfish 7.7 at one point because I all the talk I've found about the Qidi only talk about up to Sailfish 7.6, so I was hoping Sailfish 7.7 might have added some support or something (this was after many, many attempts at the other two versions of Sailfish).
Then I started looking at other discussions about bricked 3d printers similar to the Qidi (Flashforge, CTC, etc).
Several people said when they thought they'd bricked their printer they managed to upload a Makerbot firmware after a bunch of different arbitrary conditions.
So I tried uploading Makerbot 7.2 (the firmware the original Creator 1.0 is based off of) in Makerbot Desktop and ReplicatorG (both). I tried Makerbot 7.3 because several people with similar printers said that they managed to upload Makerbot 7.3 on their printers when they did some specific things (all of which I attempted to replicate). I eventually tried Makerbot 7.5 as a last-ditch effort hoping that the most recent version would have some bug fixed that I needed.

I didn't install the 7.6 I wanted. I didn't try "just about every other firmware".
I had a reason for each thing I tried, and I tried many times before I did something else.

My real worry is that I screwed up the bootloader when I tried the wrong firmware initially. I have already seen people say that the symptoms I'm seeing with the printer could require the use of an AVR programmer, but the information confirming this is spotty at best.