Quote Originally Posted by Deadbot1 View Post
It may not help reduce surface tension, but I think that a thinner resin that can flow easier should be able to fill in faster and more uniformly. this should make for a better finish, more uniform layers, and any reduction in surface tension is a good thing.
According to rylangrayston, "all of the resins that maker juice sells will work well with the peachy printer, and also some of them work better", and MakerJuice resins can have viscosity as low as 25cP with 8% shrinkage and up to 90cP with 3.3% shrinkage. Is lower shrinkage more important than lower viscosity? We do not know that yet. It may be that viscosity is not that much important by itself, unless it's too high. But I think your idea is worth checking out regardless, just print first object normally and then the same object with heated resin and then it would be possible to compare them. With thicker resins difference maybe more apparent (if there will be noticeable difference).

Quote Originally Posted by Deadbot1 View Post
As far as complicated, a simple aquarium heater should suffice.
I'm not sure if using simple aquarium heater for this purpose is a good idea. Surface temperature of the resin is what the most important in this case, and it will be lower than temperature of the water below, so the water needs to be hot enough. But I looked at some aquarium heaters at eBay and they are usually limited to 34C max. Perhaps there are better aquarium heaters or you know some easy hack for specific model. Also, there must appear no unwanted bubbles when heater works. I never used aquarium heaters, so I have no idea if this problem usually exists in practice or not.