Close

Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ssayer View Post
    Hah! If you don't know how to do it on a creator pro, then I'm sure that SF's first thought is right....
    Thanks for your help.

Oh, yeah... you did ask how... On the LCD screen. Select - Utilities, Level Build Plate. From there grab a sheet of paper Move the extruder over each of the thumb screws on the bottom of the plate. Put the paper between the nozzle and the build plate. Turn the thumb screw (wingnut?) until you just get a feel of friction. Go to the next one and repeat. Go to the next one and repeat. Go back to the first and check. If it's changed, then do all three again. Select Ok. Done...

That said, paper thickness matters. For me, I use PostIt note paper for PLA and thicker card stock (paper) for PETG. YMMV on this, you need to find what works best for you...

Thanks. I've got it level and printing decent with PLA now. I'm using a glass bed. That seemed to help.

It still seems to be under extruding. My simplify3D setting have extrusion multiplier is set at 0.90. Wondering if it should be at 1.00.

Anyone else using simplify mind to look?

Currently, and subject to change with the next roll of filament, I have mine set to 1.00

That said, have you checked the diameter of your filament to set it correctly? This is just about a "must" if you want consistently extruded prints...

Thanks. I'll give it a shot at 1.00.

Filmiment is dead on.

Quote Originally Posted by rob37w View Post
    How do you do that on a creator pro?

I really think it's my sinplify3d settings. Does anyone have a simplify process they could send me?
    Read chapter 5
    in the Sailfish guide. This is a must-read for every Flashforge owner.

Thanks so much. Here's what I'm talking about.

http://s24.postimg.org/fut7rpead/image.jpg

Doesn't that look like under extrusion?

Senior Engineer
    That looks like a raft, not under extrusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    That looks like a raft, not under extrusion.
    It isn't a raft. That is my first layer of the actual piece. I don't print with a raft unless the piece needs it for one reason or another.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    are those bare gaps between the extrusions? If yes under extruding. But if they aren't bare gaps then you are over extruding which means too much plastic and it bulges up. Generally with a good bed clearance and the right amount of plastic, the first layer should be pretty smooth.

Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast