Close

Threaded View

I would not worry about it.

Writing custom Software is a tricky business. Some of my friends are software engineers I know any of them would never just drop everything in there lives to focus on one project for 2 weeks without getting paid. Remember they have lives also. But once money begins to flow and they consolidate locations I bet you will see things work better.

When you are making 3D Python scripts in Blender it is far more difficult than just writing a web page. with something like this you are dealing with 4th - 5th dimensional processing technology not just 2D or 3D.

Software just doesn't go "Poof" it magically works in 20 seconds it has to be written by hand line by line with trial and error and in this case could be hundreds of thousands of lines long. and a software engineer will want to get paid to work on something that complex.

the software and hardware may be open source but somebody has to get paid to start the project out it will not poof out of thin air and just work before it becomes open source.

I think the Peachy Printer team also are not anticipating all the other people beyond the 4000 people funding the project that are watching the project and what people are expecting out of the project combined the amount of world attention within a span of 10 days is asking allot from 5 people to rearrange there entire life around one project if they are not getting money from it.

Another open source 3D printer that originally started on Kickstarter called Makibox which is the cheapest extrusion 3D printer which costs $200 USD also raised a half million dollars and it took almost a year before it was able to print everything because it was built from the ground up completely different than normal extrusion printers.

https://store.makibox.com/#/product-detail?type=1&&option=31

Now it is one of the most popular $200 class extrusion printers and a year and a half later they are just now going into mass production after kickstarter campaign.

Peachy printer is like 10% hardware 80% software 10% resin lol.

there entire machine setup relies on almost nothing but software.
    So I say give it some time.
    Last edited by 3Dmonkey; 10-13-2013 at 12:22 PM.