Dommer,

I've take a step back so I can get a better understanding of slicing and gcode. replicator worked fine for me in the beginning but I've run into issues working with larger files and other scenarios. I'm starting to get the hang of Slic3r and once I'm back on track with single color prints I'll focus on dual color. I've found the settings for retracting and other dual color tweaks in the software. I'm still on the fence with Simplify3D and it's price tag but I'm burning lots of time with different apps trying to get things working well so it might be worth it. Either way I'm sticking to this plan of getting things to work with Slic3r and GPX for windows(gcode to .xg3 utility). I was using another PC to print via usb but I'm finding the compiling prints on my main system then printing via SD card is the best way to go.

My process is basically.

Design via Fusion360/Meshmaker
STL export
STL Import into Slic3r
Gcode export
Gcode to .x3g file
Print .xg3 from SD card

OH a HUGE help is the Gcode simulator from these guys http://gcodesim.dietzm.de/. I'm using the python for windows version. Once you have your Gcode ready the simulator plays a preview of how each slice is laid down along with other settings, temps etc.. Helps catch bad settings or other possible things that'll screw up your print. I have yet to simulate a dual color print but soon.

I'll post my dual color findings once I get that far.

~3C