Close

Technician

heated bed screw specifications

Ok so I am having an immense world of trouble with the screws for the headed bed on my creator pro, that are used for adjusting the flatness of the bed, does anyone know why they are getting threaded and where I can get some replacements do you have the specs I know they are M3?

Engineer-in-Training iDig3Dprinting's Avatar
    Follow iDig3Dprinting On Twitter Add iDig3Dprinting on Facebook Add iDig3Dprinting on Google+ Add iDig3Dprinting on Thingiverse
    We can't say why they are losing their thread but an M3 bolt is an M3 bolt or you need to do is measure the length and get the head you want i.e. Hex, pozi drive etc. Most hardware store will sell M3 machine screws.

Technician
    yeah good point, i guess im after as fine pitch as possible and the best quality

Engineer-in-Training iDig3Dprinting's Avatar
    Follow iDig3Dprinting On Twitter Add iDig3Dprinting on Facebook Add iDig3Dprinting on Google+ Add iDig3Dprinting on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by anthony27 View Post
    yeah good point, i guess im after as fine pitch as possible and the best quality
    A2 stainless steel is probably your best option, its very standard. The main thing is to work out why the threads are getting worn. It's probably just the movement back and forth.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    Nice! thankyou for the data sheet!