Close

Threaded View

Student
    Anything is possible. I do have a voltmeter, so I'll check that out along with the thermistor. I've got a non contact thermometer, so I can check if the temps match too.

I was already printing with the bed off (read that was better for pla).

This would probably be going better if I wasn't so impatient

Edit: Well that doesn't make any sense. I used the preheat pla setting which does heat the bed up to 70 and the hot end up to 180. The bed measures pretty close temperature wise.

If I point the laser on the nozzle, I get 25.0 C, aluminum block 31.1 C, barrel above the aluminum block 69.1 C. I thought maybe it was F for the hot end for some reason, but that is 155 F at the barrel, nowhere near 180.

I'm assuming it is melting like this because it is too hot, so that doesn't make sense.

The power supply stays pretty constant between 12.01 with nothing going on and 12.09 with everything running.

I don't know what changed, but it is printing sorta now. It printed nothing the first layer or two, now it looks pretty good. I think the cube is supposed to be hollow. it appears to be trying to print the walls next to the base of the cube instead of on top of that. I should be able to tell by looking at the gcode if that is something funky there and not the printer's fault, right?
    Last edited by pgriffy; 08-18-2015 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Updated results