Close

Thread: Shrinkage

Hybrid View

if we asume shrinking is instant that would mean that any figure you draw in x/y would become smaller and the path that laser took would be free space (partially) what would happen if you redrew the layer essentially making a thicker wall by putting new cured resin in that free space left behind by the first run.
    Would this lead to a final product closer to the desired output ust with a slightly thicker wall and higher material usage?

Peachy Printer Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by MemorianX View Post
    if we asume shrinking is instant that would mean that any figure you draw in x/y would become smaller and the path that laser took would be free space (partially) what would happen if you redrew the layer essentially making a thicker wall by putting new cured resin in that free space left behind by the first run.
    Would this lead to a final product closer to the desired output ust with a slightly thicker wall and higher material usage?
    Good point!
    yes I agree that this is very plausible, In a way the x and y could be somewhat self compensating for the outer dimensions of a symmetrical print.
    I would think the thickening would occur toward the centre.
    I did a supper ruff animation of your thought MemorianX