First Post. I have been using 3D printing since 2008. I started with a ZCorp printing service, moved to Statasys 1200 and now testing various desktop printers. I design professional pitching horseshoes that are cast from ductile iron. It is imperative that the output is accurate to generate a horseshoe that will weigh 2 pounds 8 ounces. First, I have no way of knowing how slicing software deals with the last pass printed. Some slicers round up, some down. After printing, I spray the output with Acrylic Lacquer Primer and after drying fill any voids with Super Red Putty. I finish by sanding to a very smooth finish. My question...have there been any studies on the accuracy of 3D printed output? My input files are always .STL and software calculates the cubic volume. So far, I'm not having much luck finding a 3D printer that gives me accurate results. Why not stay with the Stratasys? They cost too much and I need two copies. BTW: PLA is warping in transit to the foundry in hot weather. ABS warps during printing. Which create other problems. Any pertinent information appreciated. Thank You