Hi Roxy,

I think I figured something out. I dont know if this is the sole root cause of my inconsistency, or if it is just an addition that makes the inconsistency worse, or the sum of many problems this being just one of them, not sure.

Anyway, I noticed that when my machine is configuring to probe a G29, the servo arm extending is not in the same place every time. Since this is a digital signal, a PWM being sent to the servo, this is odd to me. I know my angles in config.h, I set them up, the repeatability of the angles should be quite good in fact not even discernible to the human eye. In my case, the extend angle is so off, I can tell by eye.

Even a cheap 8 dollar servo should have repeatability closer then 1 degree or less, which is hard to see with the naked eye.

I do have this uncommented out,

//If defined, the Probe servo will be turned on only during movement and then turned off to avoid jerk
//The value is the delay to turn the servo off after powered on - depends on the servo speed; 300ms is good value, but you can try lower it.
// You MUST HAVE the SERVO_ENDSTOPS defined to use here a value higher than zero otherwise your code will not compile.

#define PROBE_SERVO_DEACTIVATION_DELAY 300

and maybe this is the root cause of this issue, perhaps the servo arm is flying past its target and the inertia of the arm is allowing it to continue to move just a little bit. I remember this being an issue with a very large servo setup that I used a while back, the inertia of the extension arm being too much, so I went back to a micro servo. Maybe the problem is still there with the micro servo, albeit not as much but still there?? Or is there something else causing the overshoot?