You may be right, and the B9 may be better for casting. Personally, I've seen a few comments about the Form 1 resin that seems to indicate the casting resin works just fine. As for resolution, well, both my B9 and the Form 1 print at the same minimum resolution, 50 microns X and Y, with similar layer thicknesses.

One of the biggest obstacles for me with the B9 is the constant recalibration and possibility for human error in that calibration. I don't really relish the thought of spending hours recalibrating the finnicky projector every time I want to change build table sizes (along with resolution). As a unit, it's also much much messier than the Form 1+, with HUGE potential for resin to spill out from the vat.

Bottom line, it's messy, requires a ton of manhours for maintenance and calibration, and takes up an extremely large amount of space for a printer with that build volume. All of that can definitely be worth it to some - particularly those with their own shop space - but I've just got my stuff crammed into an apartment, and that isn't about to change for a good long while. I need a more contained, more easily maintained unit for my needs. That was what drew me to the Form 1+ - it's ready to print out of the box. That and actual technical support, rather than just community forums.

I guess what I'm saying is, even if the B9Creator is the best printer for the job, it isn't the best printer for me.

As for the other printers JSenior recommended - I looked at all three you recommended. The smallest models that all three companies put out are over $10k. However, I might just save up and get one of those anyway. They're definitely more impressive than the Form 1+. But I'll keep an eye out for other viable printers as well before making any decisions.