Close

Shapeways adds new Currencies for Pricing

Shapeways has just announced a bit of an update sure to make some of the international users of their marketplace a little bit happier. Starting yesterday they are allowing users to browse the 3D printing marketplace using their own currencies. That is at least if you use dollars, euros, AUD, CAD or pounds. Users can simply scroll to the footer of an item page and change their default currency. Once changed all subsequent pages will show the price in this chosen currency. More details on this update can be found here: http://3dprint.com/66472/shapeways-currency

Very useful. Wait a minute!

So I thought this was great as I don't have to do yet another currency exchange whenever I want to design prototypes. I tested it quickly and it turns out that the prices are still processed in USD or Euros. I live in the UK and so still need to convert from £ to Euros. Also it describes the £ price as approximate. So the actual price that Paypal will take from my account in £'s is still an unknown until I've nearly finished buying the model.