Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Engineer
    well petg is all of those you listed. not sure about the pei though. never tried it. petg warps the same or less than pla. i get almost zero warp even when printing something really big and boxy. i could easily print my full 8x10x8 volume with no problem. petg is superior to pla in every way BUT as richard said pla is more forgiving. its very easy to print with that stuff. petg is not hard by any means but it is a little more difficult to nail down some good settings for. the "good print" window is a little narrower. the other thing that abs is better in though is machinability. abs machines very nice. you can tap holes, sand and cut it. petg is like pla in that regard. tapping holes suck, sanding isnt all that great, etc.

Engineer
    I just got a roll of Natual 3mm petg, so far so good.. it prints flat.. sticks really really well to my PEI bed.. sticks better then ABS

I was also going to recommend PET. I have used the PET+ from MadeSolid and that stuff is nice. I have printed the Phlask model out of PET+ and you could stand on it. The thing would not break. Once you get it dialed in it is very nice. However, like said above, the window for the best settings is narrower than PLA. Sometimes you will want no fan, other times you will need it or your layers just fall over from staying too hot. You do need an all metal hot end. Some PET will want to print as high as 270C. If you print hot, slow, and fat you get some very nice transparency. If you are printing mono-filament vases I recommend over extrusion. (ie tell cura you have a 0.5 hot end and print at 0.35mm layers).

swirvbox

Engineer
    what do you use to dissolve PetG or Pet+
    will acetone work?

Not really. You use ethyl acetate. It is sold at your local hardware store as MEK substitute. Just look for MEK (they don't sell real MEK at most hardware stores anymore) and you will find it. It works as well as acetone does for abs. However, take extra precaution as ethyl acetate is some pretty nasty stuff. Use outdoors and far away from flames.

swirvbox

Technologist
    How does PETG work for extruder parts where it can a little warm? Does it work as well as ABS in these hot areas? I just bought a roll of blue from esun from Intservo an am printing my 1st test part at 240 & no heat bed on buildtak surface.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12