Close

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Yes... Any feature you don't care about you can ignore. If you don't want to do post processing to only probe the build area, just ignore all those parameters and don't bother telling Slic3r to use a post processing script.

Engineer-in-Training
    What about this code?

PHP Code:
    #define max_software_endstops false  // If true, axis won't move to coordinates greater than the defined lengths below. 
    Can this be enabled for the ABL to work? I hate the fact that I occasionally will hit something and the printer will try to move further than physically able and skips the belt.

Quote Originally Posted by tsteever View Post
    What about this code?

PHP Code:
    #define max_software_endstops false  // If true, axis won't move to coordinates greater than the defined lengths below. 
    Can this be enabled for the ABL to work? I hate the fact that I occasionally will hit something and the printer will try to move further than physically able and skips the belt.
    yes it can be enabled only the min endstops need be disabled

g29 enhancements have been merged into the main marlin trunk :-D

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by sniffle View Post
    g29 enhancements have been merged into the main marlin trunk :-D
    And where can this be snatched up exactly? I want to make sure I get the most current version and git hub confuses me.

Just wondering if you got the abl to work on the Rumba?

Engineer-in-Training
    Yes. I have it working. Not sure how to best give the information. If one were to follow the thread I think you could come to the same place I am. I can post my firmware if that helps.

I have now moved onto getting Octoprint setup and figuring out how to get my parts to stop warping and peeling up.

Engineer-in-Training
    Your FW would be great. You still have my email address?

Quote Originally Posted by tsteever View Post
    Yes. I have it working. Not sure how to best give the information. If one were to follow the thread I think you could come to the same place I am. I can post my firmware if that helps.

I have now moved onto getting Octoprint setup and figuring out how to get my parts to stop warping and peeling up.

Engineer-in-Training
    Chadd, email sent! Don't forget to save your own numbers in the config file. I also have my homing speeds set SLOW. Not too confident in the stock switches so I slowed it down. I have replaced the Z switches with better ones from digikey and never bothered to speed it back up. I may change the raise after first bump to a smaller number in the near future. That can be found in the marlin.main file.

The other number you will want to change are...
    Offsets
    Bed size after homing
    safe homing location (stock is X_MAX_LENGTH/2 and Y_MAX_LENGTH/2) I have them set for a specific location
    Servo Angles
    esteps

I have the thermal runaway protection disabled as my prints kept terminating when using octoprint. Worked fine when I was just using the SDcard or pronterface.

There is also a nice feature I have yet to activate where the hotend fan only turns on when the hotend is above 50 degrees. I still have the fan directly wired to the power supply. Once I get things tuned I will change that over. You all can thank Chadd for that one. The info is from this thread...

Been thinking of putting a step by step together but need to get the printed tuned.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by tsteever; 03-09-2015 at 11:36 PM.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast