I don't want to beat this topic to death but I totally agree! I think that CAD software has focused way too much on how to make more money off enterprises then how to make CAD software accessible to people. I use the professional programs at my job everyday and there isn't a week that goes by that I don't wonder if the developers of these programs ever actually use them! They have added so many integrations with all the enterprise applications that the software just isn't very usable anymore. I can't imagine that their are more than two people in the whole world that actual use all the integrations of Creo. Simplifying the feature ses down to something immediately accessible like Tinkercad is a great step in the right direction for kids. Great software needs to be written by programmers that are intimately knowledgable about their user's experience with their software. Cubify Design seems like another good step in the right direction but still too expensive for most people. I am going to change that soon ! As a product designer first and a programmer second I am rethinking the 3D Design user experience from the ground up. You shouldn't have to remove features or hide options in order to make something intuitive for users. Check out opensight3d.com for more info or cast your vote using the survey below for what features you think 3D printing software needs most.

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/2020313/opensight3dpoll