Close

Follow lucidpsykosis On Twitter Add lucidpsykosis on Thingiverse

Sitall Glass...holy sh*t

Sorry for the expletive...but about a week ago, I bought a small sheet (140mmX150mm) of Sitall glass from Unique-3d. If it works (as the site claims), it will replace my current glass setup of Borosilicate. So here I am, doing a test print with ABS and its actually sticking, with no warping. I haven't tried PLA yet, so I can't give a complete HOLY SH*T expletive yet. This whole process we have of hairspray, glue, and blah blah blah just MIGHT be a thing of the past?! My apologies for sounding like a giddy schoolgirl here, but those who've helped me know I have NEVER been able to get ABS to stick, or stick for very long. Oh, and before y'all jump in with how expensive the glass is ($20-$36), just think of all supplies you'll save on, plus the HASSLE of putting all that crap on the glass, then washing it off, then re-applying it...then washing it off (ya get my point). I'll gladly pay a one-time $30'ish and save myself all that other crap.

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Good luck man!

Follow lucidpsykosis On Twitter Add lucidpsykosis on Thingiverse
    I just find it weird that there's not more discussion about this. I guess I'm just overly enthusiastic about it...it happens lol.

More discussion about Sitall Glass on http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?1,453957

Engineer
    checkout PEI Plastic, its also got some awesome properties. ABS sticks hard until it cools..

Quote Originally Posted by adamfilip View Post
    checkout PEI Plastic, its also got some awesome properties. ABS sticks hard until it cools..
    Is it possible read more about printing PEI Plastic on sitall glass ? photo or video?