Hi everybody

Having read across the forum and some web sites I want to enter the 3D world with as little a reasonable budget as necessary (aiming at <500€ for machine with bed plate and first spool of filament). I am under the impression that one must jump into the pool to know what to keep one's eyes upon yet I would of course start with sth. that meets my expectations and assumptions as listed below, especially if they be correct.
Summing up what I kept in my memory my prior concerns are (not necessarily in this order):
1) stability and inertia/damping of the structure.
is it advisable to build a system as with the old hi-end record players, i.e. heavy static structure on dampers with light and rigid beam and as little as possible moving mass? I read about a wooden frame (favour the idea) being user and modder friendly yet noisy and somehow challenged by vibration, alloy profiles being a nuisance in case of modifications (which I hope would not occur too often)
2) the use of technology to reduce play/tolerance in movement of extruder and evtl. beam : cog rails/wheels vs. stepper/flexible band or wires etc.,
3) little need for repeated calibration. Is the re-occurence due to temperature changes like with many precision devices or is it due to wear in the machinery? I read of devices being difficult to calibrate (Rostock - love the design btw).
4) availability of / reliance on open software.

I may have forgotten some aspects now that I write this down yet I would like your expertise/comments earlier than never.

Ah yes,
5) - some parts, i think the extruder/nozzle,"hot tip" or what is it called should be preferrably metal - which are these?
And
6) this may be important since I don't know what awaits me - the user friendliness of the software. Not being nerd neither know-nought in technical matters (even studied mech. eng. once!) I would prefer a viable interface.
7) No need to have a display/key pad or such on the printer since the surf station is running/idling most of the time anyway yet I would like to know that the job CAN be uploaded to the printer to make the production proof against any connection trouble.
8) To reduce the inital capital surge I would gladly assemble the printer myself, even provide the frame structure , if there are suppliers of decent electro-mechanical kits that leave the choice of the structure and assembly to the buyer.
Living in western Europe some models/brands may be harder for me to get at than others but let that not stop you from any suggestions. I have no professional interest in 3DP. Technology-curious by principle I want to experience a little creation instead of merely sketching and/or digitizing at home as I did till now.

Thank you in advance for any feed back