Close

Threaded View

The Dremel is indeed a joint venture with FlashForge. The Dremel team indicated that some of the Dreamer parts were upgraded (bearings, fans, motors - according to an Ask Dremel Q&A) as well. So far, I have zero issue with my parts NOT sticking. In fact, I am almost the other side of the spectrum - I broke a couple of the frogs I printed trying to pry them off the surface. I am still trying to figure out the optimal settings.

One question
    - for leveling, there was an included piece of cardstock that I am to slide between the extruder and the bed. It said to adjust the bed until there is resistance when pulling the cardstock through. How much resistance should there be?

On the Dremel Software, there is an advanced menu, and I can change the layer height beyond 3 default settings (low, standard, high), which I thought was locked out on the Dremel version (early reports indicated many of the fine tuning features were crippled).

Dremel includes a nice stick on build tape that sticks on over top of the glass bed.

So far it seems ok. I am getting some warping when printing items with non-supported edges. I also have a loss of detail on the bottom of the print where it mates against the bed. Is this inherent of all 3D printing, just as a nature of the melted material? I have objects that have thread patterns on them, and it does not thread properly when the thread is at the bottom of the print - I have to rework the start of the thread a little.

Attached Images Attached Images