Close

Threaded View

Add GOC on Google+ Add GOC on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by cgmason1986 View Post
    ...it doesn't seem to be temperature related. The actual movements the printer is taking are wrong. I'm using Slic3r and pronterface. Before the print I checked the layers in pronterface and everything looks ok...
    - Looking at your images, it seems to be only effecting the one axis in that one direction. When you say "The movements are wrong". I assume that your referring to the extruder head location versus the GCode line its actually on. If this is the case I concur with Mjolinor:

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    Your axes seem to be slipping. I think it is mechanical so check pulleys and belt tensions. If they are all OK then slow it right down, maybe you are feeding it pulses too quickly...
    I would do the following:
    • Inspect the pulley/gear & the belt controlling that axis very thoroughly. If unsure, compare it to the apposing axis components.
    • Slow all speeds to or below 40mm/s

- If this doesn't help, you may have to consider that it could be a bad stepper motor or motor driver.

Edit: Another suggestion is to also check the stepper and controller wire connections. A weak connection could be present on the wire controlling that axis direction.
    Last edited by GOC; 12-24-2014 at 07:51 AM.